The National Women’s Martial Arts Federation is an organization for
women and girls who seek insight, strength, accomplishment and community.
We cherish our practice of martial arts and self defense; they are our paths of self-discovery and our means of transforming ourselves and the world in which we live.
THE NWMAF IS FOR YOU:
- If you are a woman or girl who is, has been, or wants to be training in the martial arts
- If you are a woman or girl who has ever taken a self defense class, or who wants to learn self
defense within a feminist framework
- If you are a woman or girl who teaches martial arts or self defense
- If you want to end violence against women and change the world
- If your idea of a vacation is spending a 4-day weekend creating an all-female community of
martial artists and training from before sunup until after sundown.
OUR MEMBERSHIP INCLUDES WOMEN FROM:
- All races and ethnic backgrounds
- All ages, sizes and statures
- Greatly divergent athletic capabilities and experience
- A range of personal lifestyles.
We welcome all women as members, regardless of age, race, class, religion, sexual orientation or
physical condition. We find strength in each other’s challenges and promote an awareness and appreciation of our differences.
Becoming a member of NWMAF includes many benefits that enrich nor only your training but that
of other women and girls as well.